Friday, September 21, 2018

Friendly Fire

Feeling nostalgic, I purchased a copy of StarCraft, remembering the many fun hours I had spent playing with my brothers (well mostly ganging up on Stephen with John).  I decided that my sons should get to enjoy it too, so we set up some laptops and had a couple of games.  My sons were still learning how the game worked, so I had "friended" everyone.  Hyrum built a lot of the largest spacecraft called a "Battlecruiser."  To be prepared for his attack I had placed a lot of missile turrets (forgetting I had “friended” him and they wouldn’t attack him).  Hyrum basically flew into my main base and wiped me out.  While he was doing this Noah figured out how to launch a nuclear strike and snuck into Hyrum’s base and wiped it out.  Seth, who was on Hyrum’s team, found in the bottom right corner some carrier ships hidden away.  Thinking he had found his Dad’s secret stash of troops, he called out “Hyrum, I found him!!!”  He then proceeded to blow them up with his aircraft.  Hyrum then exclaimed “That was me!!!” 

By the way, you can now get this game for free: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-download-the-original-starcraft-for-free/
  

No comments: